Fall is the season of pleasant weather, falling acorns, and lovely autumn colors. While you might be super busy embracing the vibes of the new season by celebrating Thanksgiving and redecorating your interior in plush fabrics, don’t forget to enjoy the seasonal vegetables circulating in the local grocery stores.
So, without further ado, let’s discover an easy recipe to help you make the most of the popular autumn vegetable: sweet potatoes. Your taste buds will definitely appreciate you for the delicious sweet potato overnight oats!
Ingredients For These Sweet Potato Overnight Oats
- Gluten-free oats
- Mashed cooked sweet potato
- Maple syrup
- Chia seeds
- Oat milk
- Peanut butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Toppings, such as a handful of pecans and extra peanut butter
How To Make Sweet Potato Overnight Oats
We’ve kept the recipe for our sweet potato overnight oats simple enough to ensure you get a good time to celebrate the festivities and beauty of autumn without spending hours in the kitchen preparing nutritious meals and snacks.
- Mix the ingredients in a mason bowl and continue stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator, preferably overnight. If you prepare the oats in the morning, let them settle in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to eat, give the bowl another stir.
- Drizzle a topping of peanut butter and chopped pecans.
Why You’ll Love These Overnight Oats
Who doesn’t love a simple recipe with mouthwatering and nutritious results? Of course, everyone does. But paired with that, the peanut butter overnight oats provide a hundred other reasons to be loved and added to your diet permanently.
Include skin-healthy ingredients, especially sweet potatoes that are loaded with Vitamin C and A, both responsible for producing collagen, promoting healthy skin, and providing anti-aging properties. They also contain potassium that helps keep the skin moisturized.
Taste heavenly and sometimes similar to sweet potato pie. What’s more, they’re loaded with nutrients, including healthy fats, whole grains, and fiber.
Easy to prepare. The recipe only requires 15 minutes to be prepared. The best part? Breakfast will be ready in the morning. Sprinkle the toppings and dig in!
What not to add in overnight oats?
There’s no harm in adding or subtracting from the sweet potato overnight oats recipe, but a few things might not go well with the ingredients — and there are a few mistakes you need to avoid.
- Do not add too much milk. The results will become more of a porridge than an oatmeal.
- Do not add refined sugars. Opt for natural sweeteners like maple syrup and fruits.
- Do not add the toppings at night. They will get soggy.
- Do not use instant oats for the overnight oats sweet potato recipe.
Can I soak sweet potatoes overnight?
No, sweet potatoes should not be soaked overnight. This will make them lose their flavor and shape. It is recommended to soak the vegetable in cold water for about an hour before the meal prep. This helps release the starch, making the baked potatoes crispier.
How To Prepare Sweet Potato For Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
The sweet potato does not necessarily have to be baked, but this step makes it easier to mash the potatoes and enhances the overall taste. All you have to do is bake them at 190°C for 30 minutes. Scoop out the pulp and mash it thoroughly before mixing it with the peanut butter overnight oats.
Are Sweet Potato Pie Overnight Oats Vegan or Gluten-Free?
The overnight oats sweet potato are a two-in-one: vegan and gluten-free! To keep the recipe vegan, use ingredients like almond or coconut milk. For a gluten-free sweet potato overnight oats breakfast, look for gluten-free oats, as they are easier to digest.
Storage And Substitutions
The ingredients of the overnight oats can always be altered — especially if you’re looking to avoid an extra trip to the grocery store. You can replace:
- Chia seeds with linseeds
- Maple syrup with Medjool dates
- Oat milk with almond milk
- Peanut butter with almond butter
For storing your peanut butter overnight oats, add the leftovers to an airtight container. You can then keep it fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Overnight oats are something anyone would love to have for breakfast. This fall, consider adding a twist of the crisp season to your oats by making this delicious sweet potato variant! You might as well find yourself making them in winter and beyond.
Sweet potato overnight oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine everything in a mason jar or bowl and stir until combined.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least a few hours (or as little as 30 minutes if you're making these in the morning).
- Before eating, make sure to give it one more stir and add toppings.
- Top it with a drizzle of peanut butter and chopped pecans.
- handful of pecans
- extra peanut butter