Whether you’re looking for an easy breakfast recipe, a healthy pre-workout beverage, or a drink to boost your focus and energy, the strawberry matcha smoothie has you covered. Serving as a nutritious drink with a quick recipe and a beautiful-colored end result, this smoothie is the perfect option to keep you hydrated and refreshed.
Ingredients For The Strawberry Matcha Smoothie
Super-easy, super-quick, and super-nutritious. Four simple ingredients of this strawberry matcha smoothie recipe are:
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen bananas
- Matcha powder
- Almond milk
How To Make Strawberry Matcha Smoothie
Once the ingredients are ready, the rest of the process of the strawberry matcha smoothie recipe won’t take you more than 10 minutes. All you have to do is add the ingredients to a blender and continue blending until smooth. Voila — your energizing smoothie will be ready!
- You can add 1 tbsp of vanilla powder for an extra protein boost.
- The milk/yogurt to be added will be varied according to the fruit you choose and the preferred smoothie texture.
The matcha strawberry smoothie is an absolute treat in itself, but you can always pair it with other items to make it more exciting. Enjoying the smoothie with, for example, a trail mix made of dried fruits, healthy nuts, and seeds is a delicious combo. Other ideas like serving chia seeds with the smoothie or overnight sweet potato oats are good options too.
What matcha to use for this smoothie?
Ceremonial-grade matcha is consumed separately, while culinary-grade matcha is best when added to drinks like smoothies and lattes. So when you’re looking for the option that goes perfectly with your strawberry matcha smoothie, high-quality culinary-grade matcha with a vibrant green color is your best bet. Tip: Brown-ish, yellow-ish, or dark green matcha is an indication of a low-quality product.
How to make this smoothie recipe into a strawberry matcha smoothie bowl?
Start by replacing the plant-based milk with almond milk yogurt (or some other thicker base). Then, swap out the toppings with options like seeds, granola, and dried fruits.
Are matcha smoothies good for you?
Yes, matcha is a powerhouse of nutrients and is packed with antioxidants that protect your health. The matcha smoothies also help neutralize harmful molecules, which, in turn, reduce inflammation.
What fruits pair best with matcha?
While strawberries pair perfectly with matcha, fruits like mangoes, raspberries, watermelon, pears, and oranges will do great too. Or try our mango matcha smoothie.
Strawberry Matcha Smoothie Benefits
The matcha smoothie contains all the essential vitamins required to give your body a strong energy boost that keeps you going throughout the day.
- Strawberries contain vitamin C for healthy skin, folate for normal tissue growth, and potassium for regulating blood pressure.
- Almonds contain antioxidants to slow down aging, vitamin E to protect cells, and fiber to increase feelings of fullness.
- Bananas contain dietary fiber to improve digestion, potassium to lower the risk of heart disease, and magnesium to support exercise recovery.
- Matcha detoxifies the body, lowers cholesterol, boosts metabolism, and enhances moods.
The strawberry matcha smoothie has a super-easy recipe, is packed with amazing nutrients, and can easily be customized by swapping in your favorite ingredients. Not to forget, the excellent addition of matcha to this drink transforms it into a healthy drink that acts as a refreshing replacement for your morning coffee. You may also want to try our strawberry matcha latte recipe.
We hope you enjoyed our recipe as much as we enjoyed sharing it with you. We can’t wait for you to try it and experience the delectable taste yourself!
Strawberry Matcha Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend until it's smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp of vanilla protein powder for a protein boost.