With the hot summer months right around the corner, it’s time to look for chilly drinks that keep us refreshed throughout the day — and what better option is there than the delicious strawberry matcha latte? It has an easy prep process, a customizable recipe, and incredible health benefits. In fact, this drink can even serve as a refreshing replacement for your daily caffeine intake. So get ready to beat the heat with the exciting iced strawberry matcha latte recipe!
Strawberry Matcha Latte Ingredients
Dread making grocery trips to the local market in this heat? Worry not; you’ll find all the required ingredients for the matcha strawberry latte right in your home!
- Strawberries. Both frozen and fresh will do the job. If you’re using frozen ones, allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight. Pro Tip: The riper the strawberries, the sweeter your drink will taste.
- Milk. Any plant-, nut-, or animal-based milk can be used. Pro Tip: Thicker options like oat milk do great as they are slightly thicker and naturally sweeter, resulting in a flavor that pairs perfectly with matcha and a creamy consistency that enhances this drink.
- Matcha powder. Look for ceremonial-grade matcha powder in an airtight container. While using culinary-grade matcha powder is OK, it is less concentrated and gives an entirely different color. Ceremonial-grade matcha has a much sweeter and fresher taste with a deep, vivid green color to make the drink more visually appealing.
- Sweetener. Liquid sweeteners like agave or maple syrup, honey, and nectar are perfect for this drink as they mix together easily with matcha. You can also go for granulated sugar, but make sure it dissolves thoroughly for a smooth consistency.
- Hot water.
How To Make Strawberry Matcha Latte
Lengthy recipes that keep you strangled in the kitchen for long periods in the high heat are a big turn-off. But with the strawberry matcha latte, you’ll get to enjoy a delicious drink that fulfills your coffee cravings and freshens you up, all without taking longer than 10 minutes.
Let’s discover how!
- Step 1: Combine the hot water and matcha powder in a bowl. Whisk vigorously with a milk frother or bamboo whisk until slight foam forms on top. Stir in the sweetener while the water is still warm.
- Step 2: Prep the strawberries by mashing 1/3 cup of strawberries with a fork. You can also use a food processor. Tip: The sweetener can also be mixed during this step instead of step 1.
- Step 3: Add the mashed or pureed strawberries to the bottom of your glass. Tip: If you want to add boba, place it in the glass before the strawberries.
- Step 4: Follow with ice cubes and the milk of your choice.
- Step 5: Carefully pour the matcha into the glass to create a thick layer over the milk. Tip: Do not stir at this point to prevent the matcha from mixing into the milk.
- Step 6: Top the drink with strawberries and serve immediately.
What are the benefits of this matcha latte? Can the recipe be customized? Can you drink the strawberry matcha latte every day? Check out the FAQ section below to find out!
Is this strawberry matcha latte a healthy drink?
Absolutely. The ingredients that make up the low-sugar matcha latte contribute to a healthy body, each in its own way.
- Strawberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C that have positive effects on blood sugar control and heart health.
- Plant-based milk contains vitamins that promote glowy and healthy skin.
- Matcha contains L-theanine and caffeine that improves memory, attention, and several other aspects of brain function.
Can I add boba to a strawberry matcha latte?
For people who love drinking bubble tea, customizing your strawberry matcha latte by adding boba is a great idea to enhance the taste and transform the drink into something you absolutely love. Whether you purchase boba from a tea store or get creative by preparing your own boba with the tapioca balls found at supermarkets, either option will work to make this drink oh-so-worth-it!
Is it OK to drink a matcha latte every day?
Yes, drinking a matcha latte every day is completely safe and, in fact, great for your health. Its impressive nutrient profile of boosting metabolism, bolstering immunity, enhancing brain function, supporting glowy skin, and increasing energy levels makes it an incredible addition to your diet.
But as with anything, matcha should be consumed in moderation, depending on what dosage suits your body the best. Otherwise, you might end up facing side effects like insomnia, headaches, restlessness, and anxiety.
With that said, matcha contains less caffeine than coffee, so it is the perfect option for people looking to reduce their intake rather than cutting it out.
Is matcha better for you than coffee?
While both matcha and coffee have their own benefits, switching to matcha for your daily caffeine intake can bring various positive changes, including:
- Reduced inflammation and a slowed-down aging process (due to the presence of high antioxidants).
- Lower risk of jitters and energy crashes (as caffeine in matcha is released gradually).
- Better sleep (as matcha calms nerves).
- Improved oral health (as matcha relieves gum disease symptoms and reduces plaque build-up).
Embrace the nourishing power of this exquisite strawberry matcha latte recipe and treat yourself to a moment of self- care!
Strawberry Matcha Latte
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup plant based milk (we used oat milk)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp agave or maple syrup
- handful of ice
- Mash 1/3 of a cup of fresh strawberries and sweetener with a fork or place in a blender for a few minutes
- Place the mashed or pureed strawberries at the bottom of your glass
- Top with some ice cubes and plant based milk
- Whisk together the matcha powder and hot water in a separate small bowl using a whisk or hand frother
- Layer it on top of the strawberry and milk mixture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!