Wake up and start the day off right with a moringa smoothie! Rich with superfood powers from moringa powder, this pineapple moringa smoothie recipe makes it quick and easy to fuel your body with the nutrition you need with the flavors you crave. It’s vegan and dairy-free too, making this moringa smoothie a winner for everyone!
What is Moringa?
Found throughout Africa and Asia, moringa is a plant that has many incredible nutritional properties. It has high levels of protein, vitamin A, iron, and antioxidants. It’s also beneficial as a natural antihistamine. Because of its nutritional profile, moringa powder is considered a superfood, one that you can easily add to your meals to boost your health.
Health Benefits of Moringa Powder
When you have a moringa smoothie with moringa powder, you get a nutritious treat that will help you power through your day. It has an extensive list of health benefits too.
Moringa powder has plenty of antioxidants that protect your cells from free radical damage. It also helps reduce inflammation in the body, which is especially important to prevent the onset of chronic diseases.
For those with blood sugar concerns and diabetes, moringa powder may help reduce blood glucose levels while also delivering high levels of bioactive compounds. These compounds include flavonoids, vitamins, alkaloids, and other vital components, all of which can help with high blood pressure, insulin resistance, cancer, inflammation, and diabetes.
In short, when you have a moringa smoothie, you can be sure you’re giving your body the healthy nutrients it needs for your best vitality. When you’re healthy inside, your skin shows it on the outside by glowing. And the best part is that you’ll have all these health benefits, and beautiful skin, all while drinking a smoothie that tastes amazing…like a tropical treat!
Ingredients for Moringa Smoothie
- Moringa powder: Here’s our superfood ingredient for making this moringa smoothie recipe. It easily blends right in.
- Frozen pineapple and banana: Using frozen gives this smoothie a creamy texture plus that fresh tropical flavor and natural sweetness for a delicious taste.
- Almond milk: Keeps your smoothie vegan and dairy-free. You may also substitute it for any other milk – dairy or non-dairy.
- Cucumber: Brings a refreshing, cooling sensation to this pineapple moringa smoothie recipe. Plus, it’s also naturally anti-inflammatory.
- Baby spinach: Greens can only boost your smoothie situation to the next level. With baby spinach, you’re giving your body plenty of iron to start your day.
- Agave or maple syrup: Either of these options is a healthier way to sweeten things up with this smoothie. They are also vegan, though if you are not following a vegan lifestyle, you could use honey if you prefer.
How to Make Moringa Smoothie
It couldn’t be easier to make this moringa smoothie recipe. For more sluggish blenders, you may want to start by blending the spinach, cucumber, and non-dairy milk together. Otherwise, if your blender is plenty powerful, just add everything in at once and blend until it’s smooth. You can also add protein powder for an extra boost. Either vanilla or unflavored protein powder works great here. Serve and enjoy right away after blending!
How Much Moringa Powder Should You Use Daily?
Even when you take high levels of moringa powder, it is considered to be safe. Still, you will want to limit your daily dosage to 11 teaspoons of moringa powder per day just to be on the safe side. Remember, this is still such a thing as too much of a good thing!
What happens when you drink moringa every day?
Moringa has been shown to lead to reductions in both blood sugar and cholesterol. It also provides more antioxidants for your body which can improve your health and your skin. Because moringa powder is naturally anti-inflammatory, it can help reduce your risk for other chronic conditions. Interestingly, it protects against arsenic toxicity too. It’s very nutritious and can balance your diet, especially if you are lacking in getting key vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Who shouldn’t take moringa?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not take moringa. Additionally, moringa may interfere with certain medications for blood pressure, diabetes, and thyroid. It is important that you discuss this with your doctor to make sure it is safe for you to take along with the medications you may be using to manage your health conditions.
Because moringa powder is so nutritious, this pineapple moringa smoothie is the perfect way to get more good health in your diet. Combined with other healthy ingredients, particularly ones that bring refreshing tropical flavors, it tastes more like a treat than a healthy smoothie. Moringa makes it possible to begin every day by replenishing your nutrients so you’ll have the energy to do everything you do.
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana (medium)
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup for sweetness
- 1 tsp moringa
- Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend until it's smooth. If you have a blender with less power, start by blending the spinach, cucumber, and some almond milk together to make sure the spinach is fully blended.
- Serve immediately.