Summer is the season of mangoes — chaunsa, ataulfo, alphonso, palmer, tommy atkins, and the list goes on. This recipe is your sign to try the tasty 5-ingredient mango matcha smoothie this summer to fully delve into the joy of the ripe and sweet mangoes! And even if you’ve already been drinking mango smoothies, we guarantee that our unique mango matcha smoothie recipe will give you an unforgettable experience that you’ll want to try over and over again.
What Will You Need For This Mango Matcha Smoothie
4 simple ingredients are all you will need for this mango matcha smoothie.
- Frozen mango chunks. You can also use fresh mangoes, but make sure to add ice in that case.
- Frozen bananas. This will give the smoothie an ultra-thick and luscious texture. It is also a great addition if you’re consuming this drink for breakfast or before working out.
- Matcha powder. It will make the smoothie a healthy replacement for your morning coffee.
- Almond milk. Other plant-based milk like oat or soy can be used as well. They give a creamier texture and pair perfectly with the flavor of mango.
- Fresh lime will add a refreshing and zesty burst of flavor.
How To Make Mango Matcha Smoothie
The prep process is even simpler than the ingredients. All you need to do is add the ingredients to a blender (starting with the mango chunks). Continue blending at high speed till the consistency is smooth. Add more almond milk if you haven’t achieved the desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Tip: You can grate in some fresh ginger for a refreshing boost, blend in another fruit like pineapple to enhance the taste, and toss in a handful of spinach to begin your day with some extra green smoothie.
We’ve rounded up a few FAQs to make sure your smoothie turns out perfect.
Do you need a blender to make this smoothie?
While most of you might assume a blender is necessary for this recipe, we’ve got some good news here. The mango matcha smoothie can be made without a blender!
You can use a bottle shaker or a food processor. In fact, the fruit can even be simply mashed by hand, given that it is soft and ripe.
Best matcha for this banana mango matcha smoothie
The best type of matcha for the banana mango matcha smoothie is the culinary-grade matcha. This is because it has a bolder and less nuanced flavor that pairs well with multiple ingredients.
There are further subsets of culinary-grade matcha, including premium or latte, that fall on the higher end of the quality spectrum. Being a more grassy and less bitter option (compared to the standard culinary-grade matcha), this option is a great match for rich and creamy smoothies.
Can I meal prep this matcha smoothie?
Yes, you can definitely meal prep the delicious mango matcha smoothie without compromising on the taste. Some easy tips you can follow include:
- Store in jars. Place the fruit, dry ingredients, greens, and powders in jars. Pop them into the fridge. Whenever you want to make the smoothie, simply remove the jar’s lid, add the liquid portion (milk), and blend with an immersion blender or dump the whole thing in a regular blender to enjoy the drink in less than 5 minutes.
- Store in bags. Add all the ingredients (except the liquid) to freezer zip-top bags and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. All you have to do is blend the ingredients with your preferred liquid choice before drinking.
- Make it ahead of time. Prepare the smoothie and pour it into a jar or bottle with a lid. Place the bottle in the fridge until you’re ready to drink it. Don’t forget to give it a hearty shake before consuming it. Tip: For this storage method, skip out thickeners like chia seeds to avoid a gloppy mess, and skip the greens to prevent the drink from turning grey/brown.
Mango Matcha Smoothie Benefits
The mango matcha smoothie recipe is delicious and easy to make, but what health benefits does it offer? Let’s see below.
- Mangoes lower the risk of diabetes, support heart and eye health, and improve digestive health.
- Matcha protects the liver, boosts brain function, and helps lose weight.
- Bananas improve insulin sensitivity, help you feel fuller, and support kidney health.
All in all, the mango matcha smoothie is a super nutritious drink that can be enhanced further with more ingredients like protein powder, different fruits, and grains.
Ready to make your morning and afternoon meals more exciting by pairing them with the delicious mango matcha smoothie? Let us know in the comments below!
Energizing Mango Matcha Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 cup almond milk (or oat milk)
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.