There is a wide variety of salads available that can be incorporated into a well-balanced and nutritious diet — strawberry spinach salad, sauerkraut mango salad, massaged kale avocado salad (with apple), you name it! While each salad provides a specific health benefit, why not try an all-rounder that can serve as a delicious side dish, pairs perfectly with the warm weather, and strikes a scrumptious balance between flavors and textures, just like the delicious mango cucumber salad with avocado?
So let’s make your next lunch a lot more exciting and delectable with the simple 20-minute mango cucumber salad recipe — scroll on to learn more!
Mango Cucumber Salad Ingredients
The ingredients for the mango cucumber salad include straightforward items that will please your taste buds while keeping it within the budget.
- Mango for a sweet and juicy flavor. Make sure to pick a ripe mango for maximum sweetness. Add it in either cubes or lengthwise pieces.
- Cucumber, preferably an English cucumber. For extra nutrients, leave it unpeeled.
- Avocado for a creamy texture. Choose a firm-ripe piece to make sure it holds up when stirred with the rest of the vegetables.
- Cilantro or parsley for a nice pop of flavor. Add roughly chopped pieces. You can also skip this step if you don’t like cilantro.
- Olive oil. Both virgin and extra-virgin olive oil will do well.
- Lime juice, juiced from fresh limes instead of bottled lime juice.
- White wine vinegar for a slight punch of vinegar.
- Tajin seasoning for some tangy and salty taste.
How To Prepare Mango Cucumber Salad
- Make the dressing. Whisk olive oil, lime juice, tajin, and white vinegar in a bowl. Season with sea salt as per your liking and set it aside.
- Prepare the body of the salad. Dice the mangoes, cucumbers, and avocado. Place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the body and the dressing. Cover the salad body with the dressing and toss thoroughly to mix everything.
- Taste-test the salad to adjust the lime juice, salt, and maple syrup.
- Add the toppings. Sprinkle over extra cilantro and a dash of tajin.
- Serve and enjoy, or freeze and enjoy later.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- Can I add different greens to the salad? Definitely. Arugula, green leaf, spinach, napa cabbage, romaine, iceberg and kale are all good options.
- Can cucumber and mango be consumed together safely? Yes. Both fruits are complementary. Their texture and flavor combine perfectly to make a healthy salad.
- Can I customize the dressing? Yes. Balsamic, vinaigrette, or anything you prefer will work.
- How many people does this recipe serve? The aforementioned recipe serves 4 people, but the ingredients can easily be multiplied to make extra servings for a more extensive gathering.
- What is the prep time for this recipe? The super easy mango cucumber salad recipe requires only 20 minutes in the kitchen!
The mango cucumber avocado salad is a perfect add-on when inviting your friends for lunch. So, to make you more confident about the process and results, let’s clear out any leftover ambiguities you might have.
What should I serve with the mango cucumber salad?
The mango cucumber salad is highly flexible, which means it can be customized and paired with many different options. A few of our favorites include:
- Pairing it with salsa, tortilla chips, or tacos.
- Mixing in 1 cup of cooked chickpeas for a heavy meal.
How can I meal prep the mango cucumber salad?
The delectable mango cucumber salad can be stored for up to 2 days. Pack the salad in an airtight container and place it in the fridge. But remember, while the salad can be consumed within the next 48 hours, it will not taste as crispy on the second day. The avocado may also get oxidized, and the cucumber will become soggy. The salad will still taste good, but it might not look as presentable.
Is this salad recipe spicy?
No, this recipe doesn’t make a spicy salad. However, since tajin has a tangy flavor and a bit of heat, the salad will taste slightly spicy. Add a bit of red pepper flakes or cayenne to spice it up.
What type of cucumbers to use for this salad?
The best cucumbers for the cucumber and mango salad are English cucumbers. They have thin skin, which means they don’t have to be peeled, and their edible and tiny seeds give them a sweet taste (as opposed to the bitter flavor of regular cucumbers). What’s more, their skin and seeds are edible, so they are an excellent option for salads.
What can be used as a replacement for tajin in this recipe?
The wonderfully piquant, fresh, and citrusy taste of tajin makes it a unique addition to the recipe that serves as the final puzzle piece. Owing to its high importance, this ingredient should not be skipped. You can use an alternative, such as cumin, chilli powder, or paprika, for the same job.
Whether it’s a friend’s lunch party where you want to contribute with a delicious food item, a busy work day when you don’t have the time to prepare a fulfilling meal for yourself, or a bbq dinner in your backyard with friends and family, the delicious, nutritious, and healthy mango cucumber salad will be a great option.
So, what are you waiting for? Give our recipe a try and indulge yourself in the delightful taste of this salad!
Mango cucumber salad with avocado and tajin
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley, plus 1 extra tbsp for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegear
- 1 tsp tajin seasoning, plus 1 extra tsp for garnish
- Dice mango, cucumber, avocado and chop cilantro. Add them to a bowl.
- In a small separate bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar and tajin.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and a dash of tajin.