Kombucha is widely enjoyed because of its flavor and fizz. However, adding it to a smoothie elevates its benefits by many folds. as you combine it with fruits, you get a drink loaded with nutrients that offer many body and skin benefits. This kombucha smoothie recipe is effortless and tasteful. Thus a perfect way to begin your day or satisfy your untimely hunger.
The connection between kombucha and gut microbiome
The overall functioning of our body depends greatly on gut health. A healthy and functioning gut is home to billions of gut microbiomes. They ensure your gut works properly so that the rest of the body can function effectively by improving immunity, breaking down toxins in the body and synthesizing vitamins.
Now kombucha is a fermented tea. You can add different herbs and fruits to make them flavorsome, but their true nature remains the same. It is loaded with billions of probiotics. The same probiotics help the gut to work efficiently. Its will kombucha is providing extra fuel to your gut.
The benefits of drinking kombucha smoothies don't stop at your gut health. They are visible on your skin as well. Kombucha benefits skin by offering nutrients and hydration. As a result, the skin can maintain its natural balance, it begins to get healthy, and you can feel a visible difference. Your skin will glow thanks to detoxification. Plus, it also reduces inflammation and acne production.
Kombucha smoothie Ingredients
- Mango: Mango is widely loved because of their sweet flavor. Plus, they are also quite nutritious. We have used frozen mango for this kombucha smoothie recipe as they are readily available throughout the year. You can, however, use fresh mango as well.
- Banana: The next main ingredient in this recipe is banana. It makes the smoothie rich and creamy and adds natural sweetness.
- Kombucha: kombucha offers a unique flavor combination. It has a very satisfying fizz. Besides its refreshing and fruity flavor, it calms nerves and hydrates your body and skin.
- Almond milk: It makes this smoothie creamy and is a plant-based ingredient perfect for our vegan Kombucha Smoothie. You can also use coconut milk instead of almond milk.
How to make a kombucha smoothie?
Here is how you can make this kombucha smoothie with mango:
- In a high-speed blender jug, add mango, banana, kombucha and almond milk
- Seal the jug with a lid and blend at low to medium speed until everything combines well.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Can you add kombucha to smoothies?
Absolutely! Although most people enjoy kombucha alone, it is something that you can add to your smoothies as well. Simply mix it with your favorite fruits like mango, banana, berries, etc., along with coconut or almond milk and enjoy. It offers a unique flavor to your smoothies, making them more tasteful.
Can you mix kombucha with milk?
Yes, you can. Most people use kombucha to make dairy yogurt. However, since we believe a plant-based diet is a great way to lead a healthy lifestyle, this recipe uses plant-based milk and kombucha mixed. So, you can mix any plant-based milk, especially coconut or almond milk, to make a delicious smoothie by mixing it with kombucha.
Drinking a kombucha protein shake daily will allow you to indulge in a healthy lifestyle. Its positive effects will be visible not only on your health but also on your skin.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup kombucha (we used lemon ginger)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth!
- Serve immediately.