Looking for a light breakfast or refreshing snack that is easy, vegan, and gluten-free? A kale avocado coconut water is a great – and delicious – idea! It will leave you feeling satisfied and fresh, ready to begin the day with just the right energy. As a bonus, this kale avocado smoothie is soy- and dairy-free (and packed with nutrients), suiting every type of eater. Keep reading for a quick and easy recipe for this kale coconut water avocado smoothie!
Ingredients for Kale Avocado Smoothie
To prepare a kale avocado smoothie, you will need:
- Packed fresh kale
- Banana (medium)
- Pineapple pieces – frozen
- Lemon – juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- Almond milk (or other neutral plant milk)
- Coconut water
How to Make a Kale Avocado Coconut Water Smoothie
This kale avocado coconut water smoothie is super easy to prepare. Once you’ve got all the ingredients at hand, all you have to do is:
- Pour everything into a blender.
- Mix until everything is well combined and creamy.
Serve immediately – and enjoy!
Is it OK to drink a kale smoothie every day?
Yes! It is a great idea to have a kale smoothie every day. In fact, consuming a green smoothie—whether it’s using kale or other alternatives—can help you increase the vitamin K and iron levels in your body. These bring a myriad of benefits to your health.
Why do you put coconut water in smoothies?
Adding coconut water to your smoothies can help you keep hydrated (thanks to their high electrolyte content). They also add natural sweetness to the kale avocado smoothie, eliminating the need for any added sugars. So, you can enhance the taste while keeping the calories low.
What does kale smoothie do for your body?
Kale smoothies are incredibly beneficial for your body; they can boost skin and heart health while aiding a weight loss diet. They also strengthen your bones and keep your eyes healthy. Plus, they’re great for detoxification.
What are the Benefits of Kale Coconut Water Smoothie?
A kale coconut water avocado smoothie provides your body with plenty of benefits, including, but not limited to:
- The nutrients present in kale boost collagen production—making your skin look youthful. So, a kale coconut water smoothie can improve the tone as well as the quality of your skin.
- Kale coconut water smoothies can aid your weight loss journey, as they keep you feeling full for long periods.
- A high intake of vitamin K is related to a lower risk of bone fractures. This means kale smoothies—high in vitamin K as well as calcium and magnesium—can strengthen your bones.
- Kale is high in potassium, which is essential for a healthy heart. And while it has very little fat, the fat it does contain is omega-3 fatty acids (these are great for your cardiovascular health).
- The cartenoids present in kale are converted into vitamin A by your body, which is an essential nutrient for eye health. This means kale can keep your eyes healthy as you age.
- The nutrients present in kale support your liver and bowel function—thus helping your body detox. If you’re looking to get rid of toxins, a kale smoothie will do the trick.
- The coconut water present in this smoothie can keep you hydrated.
For our particular kale avocado coconut water smoothie, the avocado added also provides a boost of nutrients, including healthy fats, vitamins as well as magnesium. Simultaneously, the lemon juice helps improve immunity.
Why This Kale Smoothie is Good for Weightloss
Kale is high in fiber and low in calories—so it can aid weight loss. It is incredibly filling and can keep you fresh throughout the day, without feeling tired. It is also rich in nutrients, which means it will boost your overall health, all while hydrating and detoxifying your body.
A healthy green smoothie that also tastes delicious? This kale avocado coconut water smoothie will be your new favorite drink! Plus, it is super easy to put together, especially suitable if you’re looking for a healthy but quick breakfast option. You can always tailor the ingredients to suit your taste, too.
Kale avocado coconut water smoothie
- 1 cup packed fresh kale
- 1 medium banana (not frozen)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 cup almond milk, or other neutral plant milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Pour everything into a blender and mix until well combined and creamy.
- Serve immediately!