Our skin is our largest organ — and a direct reflection of our internal well-being. Whatever we eat always shows up on our skin. Like a sugary drink can make our skin break out, a good, nutrient-packed smoothie can actually do quite the opposite, creating a healthy glow.
In this recipe, we talk all about a kale smoothie for glowing skin, so you can enjoy its benefits inside out. This glowing skin smoothie is hands-down one of our top smoothies for glowing skin and hair!
Glowing Skin Smoothie Ingredients
For this glowing skin smoothie, you’ll be putting together ingredients with nutritious goodness:
- Packed fresh kale
- Frozen banana
- Frozen mango
- Fresh minced ginger
- Coconut water
- Almond milk
- Juiced lemon (around 2 tablespoons)
How to Make This Glowing Skin Smoothie
Putting together a kale smoothie for glowing skin is super easy; you can do it in 10 minutes or less! Simply add all the above-mentioned ingredients to a blender — and blend until the mixture is smooth. You can taste-test along the way and add more banana(s) for some extra sweetness. And voila, your green coconut smoothie for glowing skin is ready to devour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is smoothie good for skin?
Smoothies with beneficial ingredients are fantastic for the skin. This is especially true if you add nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables, as we did in this smoothie for glowing skin.
- Smoothies have a high water content (especially owing to the use of coconut water in this smoothie), so they can keep your skin hydrated inside out.
- The kale used in this glowing skin smoothie is full of antioxidants, which protect your skin from free radical damage.
- The fruits used in your smoothie can greatly benefit the skin. For example:
- Bananas and mangoes have lots of vitamin A, which promotes skin integrity
- Mangoes have plenty of vitamin C, which aids in collagen production
- Bananas contain vitamin K, which may help with dark circles under the eyes
- Bananas contain B vitamins, which contribute to a healthy complexion
What drinks make your skin glow?
There are several drinks that can add a beautiful and radiant glow to your skin. In addition to the kale smoothie for glowing skin shared earlier, here are drinks that will do the job:
- Water! Drinking enough water makes sure your skin is well-hydrated and elastic.
- Herbal teas. These have anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the skin.
- Carrot juice. Carrots have beta-carotene, which helps fight skin pigmentation issues.
- Beet juice. Beets are packed with vitamins and minerals essential for skin elasticity.
- Kombucha. This drink has probiotics that help maintain a healthy gut, which, in turn, is associated with optimal skin health.
Foods to Avoid for Glowing Skin
If you’re consuming smoothies for glowing skin and hair, staying away from particular inflammatory foods is essential for effective results. These include:
- Foods high in sugar, which can exacerbate certain skin conditions (especially acne)
- Fried foods, as these are high in unhealthy trans fats which can cause inflammation
- Processed foods, which may often contain additives and preservatives harmful to the skin
- High-glycemic foods, such as bread and white rice, can spike blood sugar levels and cause problems like acne
Taking a smoothie for glowing skin can give you a beautiful, radiant glow — something topical skin treatments can’t complete. Bonus points if you add kale and nutrient-rich fruits to avail multiple benefits for the skin in a single drink serving!
Glowing skin smoothie
- 2 cups packed fresh kale
- 1 medium banana frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 lemon juiced (around 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more banana for extra sweetness.