Soothing colors, refreshing drinks, and quick recipes. Isn’t that what we all crave for in the scorching temperatures of summer? How about finding something that combines all three, like the refreshing grapefruit smoothie that has a calming pink-red color and is prepared in only 10 minutes?
Get ready to jump onto an exciting ride with a super easy and quick recipe for one of the prettiest smoothies you will ever find!
Grapefruit Smoothie Ingredients
Start by ticking off the 4-ingredient list below.
- Grapefruit (peeled). You can use white, red, or pink. The sweet and tart taste of all three makes them a perfect addition to the smoothie.
- Strawberries (frozen) to balance the tartness of the grapefruit by adding more sweetness.
- Bananas (frozen) to thicken the smoothie.
- Plant-based yogurt. You can replace it with a yogurt of your choice or even a vegan option if you want it to be dairy-free.
How To Make A Grapefruit Smoothie
Once you’ve got all the ingredients on hand, it’s time to begin with the practical steps of the grapefruit strawberry smoothie — which, not to forget, are super simple.
- Step 1 – Start by adding soft fruit and liquids. Add the yogurt and grapefruit to the blender first. This step assists in more efficient blending for the frozen fruit. Blend for 15-30 seconds. Tip: Make sure to peel the grapefruit fully and remove the seeds and rind (white part) as much as possible to avoid bitterness.
- Step 2 – Add the frozen fruits. Toss in the frozen strawberries and bananas. Continue blending for 60-90 seconds until the mixture is smooth. If the texture is too thick, add some almond milk. If it is too thin, put in 5 to 10 ice cubes. Tip: Add 2 tablespoons of protein powder to make the drink a perfect beverage for pre- or post-workout.
- Step 3 – Add honey to sweeten (optional). Taste-test the smoothie. If the flavor is too tart, mix in one or two teaspoons of agave or maple syrup. You can also replace it with a sugar substitute to prepare a low-carb drink.
- Step 4 – Pour into glasses and sprinkle your favorite toppings. From grapefruit segments, seeds (flax, chia, hemp, etc.), and chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans) to fresh berries (blackberries or raspberries) and granola, any option will do great.
How many servings does this grapefruit smoothie recipe prepare?
Our recipe is designed to serve 2 people. But since cooling off in summer is something everyone wants and appreciates, your neighbors and family would love to share a glass or two with you. So double up the ingredients and prepare a few extra servings to revitalize the people around you with the delicious freshness of the strawberry banana grapefruit smoothie.
Below you will find the benefits, customization ideas, and any other possible queries you might have for the grapefruit detox smoothie.
Which fruits mix well with grapefruit?
Grapefruit pairs well with fruits like raspberries, pomegranates, pineapples, papaya, and peaches. Other options that can enhance the grapefruit smoothie flavor include basil, vanilla, thyme, mint, and ginger.
Why should you eat grapefruits?
Grapefruits, like other citrus fruits, carry incredible health benefits, including:
- Vitamin C to serve as a powerful antioxidant that boosts your immune system and fights off disease-causing bacteria and viruses.
- Vitamin A to support eye health and protect against inflammation.
- High water content to support weight loss.
- Potassium to boost heart health.
How to store the grapefruit smoothie?
Once you’ve drank your first serving, you can refrigerate the leftover in the blender jar and give it a re-pulse when you’re ready to consume it again. Alternatively, you can pour the smoothie into popsicle molds and freeze them.
Can I replace frozen fruits with fresh ones?
Yes, you can use fresh fruits. But you might have to vary the yogurt quantity accordingly and add a few ice cubes to thicken the mixture.
Beneficial for the health, pleasing to the taste buds, and soothing to the eye — everything a grapefruit smoothie offers. The best part? It has a quick and easy recipe that nourishes your body with all the essential vitamins without bounding you in the kitchen for hours. Whether you’re drinking it as a detoxifier on an empty stomach, a refreshing beverage with your lunch meal, or a pre-workout drink to keep you energetic, the grapefruit smoothie can do wonders.
So get ready to spruce up summer with the most aesthetic and nutrient-packed drink you’ve ever tried! Don’t forget to rate our recipe and update us in the comments below about how you liked it.
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 grapefruit, peeled
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup plant based soy yogurt (or yogurt of your choice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Feel free to cut the recipe in half as it serves 2.