Did the viral TikTok trend of date Snickers bring you here? Good news: you’ve landed the right spot. Made with 5 simple ingredients, the trending recipe of Snickers stuffed dates mimics the texture and taste of a chocolate bar, all while serving as a clean and healthy alternative.
So, get ready to give your sweet tooth cravings an exciting spin as we go on to discover a fun recipe for the popular dessert.
What is Date Snickers?
Date Snickers is a dessert idea of dried dates that are cut open, stuffed with peanut butter and nuts, covered in chocolate, and chilled. These poppable dates taste like Snickers — or at least resemble the taste enough to fulfill your cravings for a chocolate bar.
The chocolate-covered dates Snickers have been trending since the beginning of 2023, mainly because people are now looking for healthier recipes that contain less added sugars and processed ingredients. And what better alternative is there than a nutritious dessert that can satisfy hunger and please your taste buds at the same time?
Ingredients for Date Snickers
With nutritious and simple ingredients, the delectable Snickers stuffed dates are here to make your diet more flavorful!
- Medjool dates
- Peanut butter
- Crushed peanuts
- Dark chocolate
- Sea salt
How to Make Date Snickers
Delving into delicious treats is fun, but a dessert that pairs appetizing results with a simple recipe doubles the excitement — and that’s exactly what the healthy Snickers dates are all about.
The process is super easy and fun. In fact, even your curious little MasterChef toddlers will enjoy helping out!
- Slice the dates open lengthwise. If you don’t find pitted dates, go ahead to remove the pits.
- Prepare a parchment paper-lined baking tray and set aside.
- Fill the dates by adding half a spoonful of peanut butter and a bit of chopped peanuts. Place the dates on the baking tray.
- Freeze the dates for about 30 minutes to prevent the peanut butter and chopped peanuts from sliding around while dipping in melted chocolate.
- Stick each date with a toothpick and dip it into melted chocolate.
- Drizzle the leftover chocolate over the dates while it is still warm.
- Sprinkle the dates with sea salt and chopped nuts before the drizzled chocolate dries.
- Allow the dates to dry completely before serving them in candy/cupcake liners.
- Store the dates in airtight containers. They will start to caramelize after a week, making them extra tastier.
Before getting your hands on the date Snickers, let’s go on to answer some frequently asked questions.
How many dates should I eat in a day?
Ideally, 100 g or a handful of dates is the right quantity to be consumed on a daily basis. This can vary from person to person, depending on the calorie intake and any underlying health conditions. You can ask a nutritionist to determine the accurate number you can include in your diet.
Are dates healthy?
Yes, dates are a super healthy fruit to snack on — and their incredible benefits prove the same.
- Contain a low glycemic index, which helps maintain blood sugar levels.
- Have an excellent nutrient profile to serve as a superfood.
- Packed with fiber (7g in a 100g serving) to prevent constipation.
- Rich in disease-fighting antioxidants, including flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acid, that work to prevent the development of several chronic diseases.
- High in dietary fibers, helping to lower the risk of heart disease.
- Great source of amino acids and nicotine that help clear harmful bacteria in the intestines and promote the growth of good bacteria.
- Provides a good amount of potassium to remove sodium from the body and maintain normal blood pressure.
- Contains fluoride that assists in improving tooth enamel strength and reduces tooth decay.
How long will date Snickers last in the refrigerator?
Snickers stuffed dates will last up to one month in the fridge if stored properly. The best way is to toss them into an airtight container to preserve their fresh taste, prevent the chocolate from melting, and keep the dates from getting too soft.
If you want your tasty chocolate covered date Snickers to maintain their flavor even longer, try freezing them in a freezer-safe ziplock bag.
Substitutions and Additions
Don’t let the recipe limit you to a particular taste. Experiment with the ingredients and see what works best for you. Almond and cashew butter can replace peanut butter, while milk chocolate can do the job of dark chocolate. Similarly, crushed peanuts can be swapped with pecans, almonds, or any other nut of your choice. Additions like shredded coconut can make the results more chewy, and dairy-free chocolate chips can add an extra punch of flavor.
Be a part of the viral recipe while adapting it to your taste buds! Isn’t that the best way to join and enjoy the popular Snickers dates trend?
Dates Benefits for Skin
Dates not only promote good physical health but also ensure glowing and flawless skin. Their high Vitamin C and D content helps build collagen and improve skin elasticity, thus enhancing skin moisture and treating saggy skin. Eating dates also fights against early aging and gives you a younger and healthier skin texture. Not to forget, this superfood is rich in antioxidants, which aid in preventing inflammation and promote smoother and softer skin.
So, adding dates to your diet will definitely level up the results of your skincare routine by giving you a natural glow that shines from within. Bonus points if you’re consuming them in a form that is as delicious as the healthy Snickers dates!
Hop into the viral TikTok trend of date Snickers to spruce up your dessert bowl with something healthy and super delicious!
- 10 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 bar dark chocolate
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Start by slicing the dates open lengthwise. If you didn't get pitted dates, go ahead and take the pits out. Prepare a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Put a half a spoonful of peanut butter and a pinch of chopped peanuts into each date.
- Freeze the tray of stuffed dates for 30 minutes. This is useful since it prevents the peanut butter and chopped peanuts from sliding around while dipping in the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle a large amount over each date. Before the date dries, sprinkle it with sea salt and top it with chopped nuts.
- Before serving the dates, let them dry completely.
- Store Date Snickers in an airtight jar at room temperature. The chocolate-covered dates will start to caramelise after a week, making them extra tastier.