Cucumber lemon water is water infused with the flavors and nutrients of cucumber, lemon, mint and ginger. This detox cucumber water recipe is quick and is the ultimate source of hydration. Thus, it is a great way to improve your body and skin health. Make this water the night before and drink it the next day. When you make it a part of your routine, you will start seeing amazing results!
Cucumber lemon detox water recipe
Cucumber lemon water is an amazing way to detoxify your body. Plus, it is super easy to make. Instead of drinking regular water, start drinking this detox water, and I bet you will notice the difference in a few days. Here is how to make cucumber detox water:
Ingredients for cucumber detox water
- Water: Use regular purified water that you use at home for drinking purposes. Make sure you don't add any salt or sugar to the water.
- Cucumber: Use fresh cucumbers for this recipe. Thinly slice them before adding them to the water. I don't peel the cucumbers before slicing them as the skin contains nutrients.
- Lemon: Fresh and thinly sliced lemon adds a citrusy flavor to the water. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and therefore offers several nutrients apart from the flavor. You can use fresh lime instead of lemon as well.
- Mint leaves: Mint is a breath of fresh air. It has a unique flavor that offers a cooling effect. Use fresh mint leaves. Wash them and add them to the water.
- Ginger: Ginger has been used for centuries because f its medicinal properties. Choose young ginger root for this recipe. Grate it to get maximum benefits.
Follow these simple instructions to prepare this detox cucumber water recipe:
Step 1: in a glass pitcher, pour water and add slices of cucumber, lemon, mint leaves and grated ginger.
Step 2: let the water sit overnight so that the flavors and nutrients infuse into the water.
Step 3: Drink this water the next whole day. You can store it in the refrigerator or add ice cubes as well.
- Although this combination offers amazing benefits, you can add more ingredients like orange slices and rosemary sprigs to this detox water.
- Don't store this water for more than a day. If you have some leftovers, discard them at the end of the day.
Cucumber for detoxification
The term detoxification means removing toxic compounds or substances from the body. It is like cleansing the internal body parts and blood stream from unwanted and harmful substances. Detoxification offers many benefits. As you get rid of unwanted substances, you can feel your body changing. The effects are visible in a few days.
Although you can find many detox water recipes, cucumber is often a part of all these recipes. That’s because cucumber is a natural detoxifier. Since cucumber is made from 96% water, it keeps your body and skin hydrated. As a result, it help the body detoxify itself.
Cucumber water benefits
This Cucumber Detox Water Recipe is very beneficial for your body and skin. Here are a few amazing benefits of drinking this detox water:
- Cucumber water benefits for skin
As we know, cucumber water boosts hydration. Hydration is very crucial for skin health. It ensures the skin is not dry and dull therefore preventing wrinkles. Moreover, hydration also removes toxins from the skin, which keeps your skin fresh and improves its complexion. In short, cucumber water ensures your skin is fresh and radiant rather than dull.
- Cucumber water benefits for body
Cucumber water also removes toxins from the body. These toxins leave the body via urine. As a result, it ensures the body organs function smoothly. Moreover, cucumber water also has a cooling effect on the body, especially the liver. As a result, it helps in reversing liver damage. Lastly, regularly drinking cucumber water aids in weight loss and lowers blood pressure.
Does cucumber water detox your body?
Absolutely. Cucumber water detoxifies your body by eliminating unwanted toxins from the body via urine. As a result, it promotes body and skin health.
Making Cucumber lemon water is effortless, and the benefits are amazing. It is a great way to lead a healthy lifestyle. Small changes like these offer big and positive results.
Cucumber detox water with lemon, mint and ginger
- 2 English Cucumbers, sliced
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 10 cups drinking water
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar.
- Add water and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Enjoy cold!