Looking to begin your day right with a healthy detox? Try this apple cinnamon water — it not only tastes delicious but makes for a great way to get rid of toxins, as well as lose weight. You can call it your first step to a healthy day — and lifestyle!
Whether you’re looking for apple cinnamon water for weightloss or simply taking a step towards looking after your body, this detox drink is a great start. Keep reading as we share an easy cinnamon apple water recipe for a cold, refreshing drink to enjoy — and detox with!
Cinnamon Apple Detox Water Ingredients
To make your cinnamon apple water for detoxification, you will need:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Drinking water
- mint (optional)
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Water
Making apple cinnamon water is super easy — the prep time will take under 15 minutes. However, you will require a 2-hour patience afterward for best results. Prepare your detox drink in the following steps:
- Wash the apples and cut them into slices (keep them unpeeled for extra flavor and nutrients).
- Combine the sliced apples, cinnamon sticks, and ice in a glass jar.
- Add water.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
Toss in a straw, and enjoy your drink cold for a delicious taste.
What happens if you drink warm cinnamon water every morning?
Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties; consuming it in water every morning can boost your immune system and make you a healthier version of yourself. This means it can help fight off any infections and diseases. Apple cinnamon water also helps digestion, alleviating bloating and related problems.
If you’re on a weight loss journey, taking cinnamon water every morning can improve your metabolism — and control your appetite. Plus, cinnamon is known to help control blood sugar levels. So, taking it on an empty stomach can help kickstart the day with balanced sugar levels (resulting in a lesser risk of sugar cravings throughout the day).
Is it safe to drink cinnamon water everyday?
Yes, it is completely safe (and recommended) to drink a glass of cinnamon water everyday! Doing so can help you tackle weight loss and fight off a host of diseases. Cinnamon is also safe to consume in normal doses for pregnant women. If you’re trying to induce labor by adding cinnamon water to your diet, it is recommended to consult with your doctor beforehand.
When do you drink apple cinnamon detox water?
Many people prefer to start their day with a glass of cinnamon apple water, consuming it on an empty stomach. While doing so makes for a refreshing way to start your day, you can also take it at various other times. For example:
- Before your heaviest meal (say, lunch) — this helps control your appetite
- As a healthy alternative to sugary beverages
- After exercise as a hydrating drink
Variations of Cinnamon Apple Infused Water
If you’ve tried (and loved) the original apple cinnamon water recipe and are ready to try new and unique variations, try some of the options given below. You can also switch them up to create a detox drink of your choice!
- Spiced apple cinnamon water:
- In addition to sliced apples and cinnamon sticks, add a few cloves to the glass jar before refrigerating. This gives a spiced twist to your classic detox water — creating a taste similar to apple pie.
- Minty cinnamon apple water:
- Combine sliced apples, cinnamon sticks, and a handful of fresh mint leaves in the glass jar for a refreshing, minty taste.
- Apple cider cinnamon drink:
- Add apple cider vinegar and cinnamon sticks to a jar, and fill it with water. Place it in the refrigerator before enjoying it cold.
- Vanilla cinnamon-infused water:
- If you’re having a sweet tooth, add a dash of vanilla extract (or vanilla bean) to the original drink for a detox drink with a dessert-like feel.
- Berry apple cinnamon water:
- Looking to go big on nutrients? Add a mix of berries (e.g., strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) to your original cinnamon water for a fruity twist.
- Citrus cinnamon apple water:
- Give your cinnamon apple water a citrusy kick by adding a few slices of oranges before allowing it to rest. Alternatively, squeeze a lemon into your (prepared) drink.
- Ginger-infused cinnamon apple tea:
- Enjoy a hot cup of cinnamon apple tea on a cold winter evening by adding a few slices of ginger, green tea, apple pieces, and cinnamon sticks to boiling water. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes before pouring it into your cup. Add sweetener and lemon juice to taste — and allow the spicy notes of ginger to warm you up.
Best Apples for Apple Detox Water
Frankly, any type of apple would work for your apple cinnamon water, depending on your taste preferences. The sweet varieties, such as fuji and honey crisp, can add a signature sweetness to your drink. Aromatic apples, like Cortland, can give your detox water a fragrant aroma, while tart apples (such as Granny Smith) add a hint of tartness. You can use any apples that you enjoy — or, perhaps, find on sale.
Why Use Cinnamon Sticks Instead of Cinnamon Powder?
Cinnamon sticks lend a milder, more subtle flavor to your detox water. You may enjoy this more as compared to the concentrated flavor of cinnamon powder. Plus, the slow infusion time of the sticks creates a more gradual flavor. Bonus: Using cinnamon sticks adds a visual element to the drink — you’ll enjoy watching flavors release into the water, and having a drink with sticks placed in the jar.
Apple Cinnamon Water Benefits
If you’re looking for reasons to consume apple cinnamon water every morning, keep reading! Cinnamon water can do wonders for your body, including:
- Reduces oxidative stress in your body and helps with inflammation (because of its high antioxidant content)
- Helps lower glucose levels and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Promotes apple cinnamon water weightloss, helping you significantly shed pounds
- Regulates menstrual cycles (by balancing hormones) and may improve fertility
- Eases symptoms resulting from PCOS
- Boosts immunity and helps fight off infections
- Aids digestion (also helps with digestive problems, such as bloating)
- May promote heart health — as it can potentially reduce cholesterol levels
If you were looking for apple cinnamon water for weightloss tips — you have now stumbled upon a myriad of other benefits! This apple cinnamon water has plenty of variations to choose from, so you can whip up a drink that suits your taste. Whether you’re looking for a chilled cinnamon apple water detox drink to enjoy on a summer morning or a hot cup of tea to warm up on a winter evening… the various recipes have all your needs covered.
Apple Cinnamon detox water
- 2 apples
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cups drinking water
- handful of mint (optional)
- Wash the apples and cut into slices (unpeeled)
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or picther
- Add water and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Enjoy cold!